LAGOS, Nigeria (VOICE OF NAIJA)- Mrs. Mojisola Olorunfemi, Mother of the driver who was mobbed by some people in Akure, Ondo State, has urged the Government to ensure that perpetrators are brought to book.
Recall that voiceofnaija.ng had earlier reported that a suspected internet fraudster, also known as a “Yahoo boy,” crushed four people to death in a road accident on 10 April.
The deceased was lynched while his vehicle was set ablaze by some people in the area.
Witnesses at the accident scene had reportedly found some items in his car, raising suspicion that he was a ‘Yahoo boy.’
In a statement with journalists at her residence in Akure, on 12 April, the bereaved mother said the deceased was a driver and not a fraudster as alleged.
She revealed that her son was based in Lagos and had come to Akure with his wife for an Easter celebration when the incident occurred.
Mrs Olorunfemi said, “On Monday morning, it was his father that called me and said some people were beating our son (Tope). By the time I rushed down there, I met him in a pool of his blood. They lynched him.
“I wanted him rescued. Even his sibling, Oyindamola Olorunfemi, was there with me. But the mob resisted me and they also hit me with a plank. They stopped me from rescuing my son.
“They claimed they found fetish items inside my son’s vehicle are tissues of lies. The piggy bank that was found inside his car belongs to his wife. It is not a casket as alleged.
“ Clothes found inside his car were the ones belonging to his wife and child. My son has been a hustler since his childhood age. He had engaged in many menial jobs like bricklaying before he started the driving job.”
Mrs. Olorunfemi called on the government to ensure that justice prevails “by ensuring that those who killed my son are brought to book. I don’t have anyone, but I know I have God and the government will fight for me.”