LAGOS, Nigeria(VOICE OF NAIJA) – Nigerian singer, Ilerioluwa Oladimeji Aloba aka Mohbad, has been confirmed dead.
The entertainment industry and fans alike have been thrown into a state of mourning after the announcement was made by music executive, Ovie on Tuesday evening.
Details of the rapper’s death are yet to be ascertained.
Here are things to know about late singer MohBad.
- Mohbad, born Ilerioluwa Oladimeji Aloba was born on June 8, 1996, in Lagos, Nigeria.
- He was a rapper, singer and songwriter from Lagos.
- He died at 27.
- Mohbad’s father is a pastor and he also has a church.
- His previous stage name was 2Black. – He got his Mohbad which translated to “I’m bad“ stage name after a producer told him he was bad (a street way of saying he was very good with lyrics and songs).
- He gained immense popularity in 2020 after releasing his hit song Ko Por Ke (KPK) featuring Rexxie, which was nominated three times for The Headies Awards 2022.
- He was formerly signed to Naira Marley’s “Marlian Records” in January 1, 2020 and left the label two years after.
- MohBad was nominated five times for The Beatz Awards 2021.
- He was listed in Audiomack’s top 21 afrobeat artists of 2021.
- He peaked in TurnTable charts top 50 in 2021 and top 100 in 2022.
- The singer had collaborated with notable Nigerian artists such as Davido and Lil Kesh.
- In February 2022, the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) arrested Mohbad, Zinoleesky and four other people following their possession of illegal substances like MDMA and cannabis at their home in Lekki, Lagos.
- On 5 October 2022, Mohbad accused singer Naira Marley of domestic violence and stated that his former boss ordered people to beat him up.
- In an interview few months ago, Mohbad’s friend, Bella Shmurda revealed that the singer attempted suicide because of the rift between him and his former record label boss.