President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, has approved the immediate retirement of all Service Chiefs and the Inspector-General of Police, Advisers, Comptroller-General of Customs from Service.
He has also approved the appointments of their replacements with immediate effect.
This was contained in a statement released by Willie Bassey, the Director of Information for the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.
The newly appointed Officers and their appointments are stated below:
- Mallam Nuhu Ribadu as National Security Adviser
- Maj. Gen. C.G Musa as Chief of Defence Staff
- Maj. T. A Lagbaja as Chief of Army Staff
- Rear Admiral E. A Ogalla as Chief of Naval Staff
- AVM H.B Abubakar as Chief of Air Staff
- DIG Kayode Egbetokun as Acting Inspector-General of Police
- Maj. Gen. EPA Undiandeye as Chief of Defense Intelligence
The President has also approved the following appointments of Col. Adebisi Onasanya as Brigade of Guards Commander; Lt. Col. Moshood Abiodun Yusuf 7 Guards Battalion, Asokoro, Abuja; Lt. Col. Auwalu Baba Inuwa177, Guards Battalion, Keffi, Nasarawa State; Lt. Col. Mohammed J. Abdulkarim102 Guards Battalion, Suleja, Niger; and Lt. Col. Olumide A. Akingbesote 176 Guards Battalion, Gwagwalada, Abuja.
READ ALSO: Tinubu Inaugurates National Economic Council
Similarly, the President approved the appointments of other military officers in the Presidential Villa such as;
- Maj. Isa Farouk Audu
(N/14695) as Commanding Officer State House Artillery
- Capt. Kazeem Olalekan Sunmonu (N/16183) as Second-in-Command, State House Artillery
- Maj. Kamaru Koyejo Hamzat (N/14656) as Commanding Officer, State House Military Intelligence
- Maj. TS Adeola (N/12860) as Commanding Officer, State House Armament
- Lt. A. Aminu (N/18578) as Second-in- Command, State House Armament.
In addition to the above names, Tinubu approved the appointments of two additional Special Advisers, and two Senior Assistants, including, Hadiza Bala Usman as Special Adviser, Policy Coordination; Hannatu Musa Musawa as Special Adviser, Culture and Entertainment Economy; Sen. Abdullahi Abubakar Gumel as Senior Special Assistant, National Assembly Matters (Senate) and Hon. (Barr) Olarewaju Kunle Ibrahim as Senior Special Assistant, National Assembly Matters (House of Representatives).
Also, the appointment of Adeniyi Bashir Adewale as the Acting Comptroller General of Customs was approved by the President.
“It is to be noted that the appointed Service Chiefs, the Inspector-General of Police and the Comptroller General of Customs are to act in their positions, pending their confirmation in accordance with the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria,” the statement read in part.